dia getting stuck

Hi,

I've been using dia on and off for the past couple of months and hymning
its praises to those who would listen.  However, yesterday it started to
behave strangely.  When I open an existing diagram, or start a new one,
everything goes fine for a while.  After what seems like an unpredictable
length of time, dia refuses to de-select a selected object.  Even worse,
it refuses to relinquish the window manager focus, and I have to kill dia
to regain control.

I can't think what caused this to start happening and would really
appreciate some help in finding the problem.  I'm running Red Hat 7 and
dia 0.88.1 and my window manager is fvwm2.  Is there debugging information
that I can turn on?

Brian