Re: Dia + OO

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Robert Campbell wrote:

> I'm going to reply to my own post before it even shows up on the list.
> I just opened a MS Word document that contains embedded EPS with
> OpenOffice, and the image was visible.  So the problem may be with the
> EPS output that Dia is producing.  Maybe the library that Dia is using
> for this purpose has an option for creating previews that could be
> turned on.  If not, the interested party ought to put a request into
> that library's maintainers.

Hi!

Just use ps2epsi afterwards - it is in ghostsccript package.

I think this feature should not be included in dia.

The reason is philosophy. In Linux/UNIX
tasks which can be performed by a simple and robust standalone
tools should not be included in all possible kinds
of related software bloating it unnecessarily.

In addition  EPSI files are usually larger
so unless one needs them - they should not be used.

Just try ps2epsi and if it works, please
write the doc for this topic.

Good Luck,

Jacek