Re: Quick Feature Request

On 31 May 2001, Ross Burton wrote:

> On 31 May 2001 10:30:49 -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:
>> On 31 May 2001, Ross Burton wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Just a quick feature request: under the View menu could there be a
>> > "refresh" item to force a redraw of the screen.  A diagram we are
>> > working on has "droppings" all over it from dragging a text item and
>> > they won't go!
>>
>> Such droppings should of course never occur.  Can you tell us more
>> details on how they came about?  It's normally caused by a bounding-box
>> bug, which tend to be easy to fix.
>
> I'm the go-between in this situation, but I've been told it can be
> reproduced easily, by dragging text fast. This is in Dia 0.86 (from
> Ximian GNOME 1.4) - have these bugs been fixed in the latest release?

Yes, my coworker came up with the perfect way to find these bugs, so we've
killed most of them (at least, we haven't heard of any remaining).  The
latest release also has a bunch of other improvements.  By all means, get it.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg
will defend to the death your right to say it."    |   of Westfield
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire   | Chaos Berserker of Khorne