text font sizes

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how the font size specification in a text objects
properties work?

Thanks
--
Alwyn Schoeman

The Internet will destroy the barriers that are isolating people
 from decent opportunities based on where they happened to have been born,
and this will be a fundamental transformation of our global society that will
greatly discomfort a lot of worthless people. Then those same worthless people
 will create new barriers based on access to source code, licenses,
software permissions, etc. Sigh.
-- Hans Reiser