Re: Chapin Charts with Dia?

According to Andre Kloss <kloss@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>:
> On Mon, 28 May 2001, Jamin Collins wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if there are Chapin Chart symbols for Dia?  A good example
> > of chapin charts, for those that may not be familiar with them, can be found
> > at http://www.open.org/~prslkg/sy_chap.htm.  Or perhaps someone here knows
> > of another tool for creating these charts?
> >
> > Jamin W. Collins
>
> Well... not yet. But I'll need to implement this feature as part of my
> diploma thesis (and why not implement it into the chart editor of
> choice ;). I have already had a glance at the code, but have not found
> yet a point to start.
>
> Anybody? Help? ;)

Well. objects are defined in the objects directory. They a categorized
by sheet. So UML objects are in objects/UML, network objects are in
objects/network, and so on. So you'll have to create a subdir (like
objects/chaplin for example). As for the objects, I think that you
should take the generic objects / shapes approach: create a generic
Chaplin object then make shapes for each different objects.

For the drawing it may be a little bit more difficult has you'll have to
implement a layout code that work shape-to-shape. Seriously I don't
know if it hard to do or not.

That is all I can say.

Hub