Re: AM_PATH_PYTHON_JH

Lars Clausen wrote:

> I was trying to run autogen.sh from a fresh CVS checkout (my old one has
> too many forgotten changes:), but aclocal choked on missing AM_PATH_PYTHON,
> AM_PATH_PYTHON_JH was defined instead.  By changing it back to
> AM_PATH_PYTHON there and in configure.in, I got it to work.  James, you
> probably want to do something for this -- I have little idea of what the
> Right Thing would be.

This has to do with the automake version.  Someone has posted before about this
problem and he fixed that when upgrading to automake 1.4d (currently Dia suggest
1.4).  There is a version 1.4-p1 on ftp.gnu.org, I tried that, it didn't fix the
problem.  With 1.4d, the problem is gone.

A search for 1.4d gives me this email quote:

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 12:19:17AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I just released Automake 1.4d, the latest prerelease leading up to
> 1.5.  Find it here:
>
>     ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/automake/automake-1.4d.tar.gz
>
> This release is mostly bug fixes.  There are some minor known bugs and
> some uncommitted patches required for 1.5 that are pending paperwork.
> Nevertheless, this release should be ok in many situations.  Please
> try it and report any bugs you find.

So I guess either we fix the M4 macro or ask people to use automake 1.4d.

Patrick