Re: (Was: How to create shapes on the fly?)

I've already done some work not too far from these lines -- namely,
having an object in a diagram "linked" to another diagram, and putting
an "Open Target..." entry in the object menu. Generalizing it to work
for groups would also be pretty useful for me, so I'd be happy to start
work on prototyping it.

One minor HCI quibble I've always had with Dia (having had my experience
with grpahics tools be mostly on the MacOS and Windows platforms) is
that the properties view is only available via a double-click, while
seemingly more natural double-click options such as "view target", etc.,
have to be relegated to the object-specific context menu. Not a
deal-breaker, certainly, but it does give me (and other people I've
talked with who were new to Dia) the occasional hiccup.

Lennon Day-Reynolds