dia2shape

All,

The whole shape proposal discussion led me to another notion I don't
recall having seen discussed.

It seems to me it should be possible to use Dia to create Dia shapes.

What needed is enough information in a Dia diagram to create a .shape
file, and an XSLT file that describes the transformations.  Probably we
need a "shape sheet" with things like connection points and text boxes.
The conversion could be effected with a script that would generate the
.shape and update its .sheet, using a standard XSLT processor.

The resulting shape, built from simpler shapes, need not be treated as
an aggregate in SVG.  The XSLT transformation could merge the composite
source object into a single SVG shape consisting of several paths.

Does anyone think this is infeasible?  Worthwhile?

Regards,

--jkl