Re: My proposal (Was: Shapes layout proposal)

On 14 Jun 2001, Lars Clausen wrote:

> The reason for GUIs to have the equal-spacing setup is that the actual
> widget layout may be determined by somebody else.  I don't think we really
> need that here.  Just using relative resizing is probably more useful and
> easier.
Agreed. Do you know where this might be incorporated in the code? Or
even better, are you already implementing this stuff? ;)

> I do want text to be resizable eventually.  If you don't have that, you
> can't, say, have classes of different sizes in your diagram look nice.
Also agreed.

> If text can be resized, there's no reason to have a minimum size for
> anything, is there?  Then resizing would be scaling, and thus 1.2 is the
> Right Thing.  Would you want resizing to do other than scaling?  That might
> be useful, but makes resizing more complex.
Whatever you say. ;) No, I think that the solution you propose is that
obvious even I didn't see it first. If I can lend a hand somewhere,
just tell me where to start.

> -Lars
cu Andre
--
Tolerance rulez, everything else sux! -- Andre Kloss