Re: [RFC] moving translations off sheets ?

Le sam, jun 09, 2001, à 05:40:28 +0200, Hubert Figuiere a écrit:

> What about using UCS-2 instead for internal purpose ?

Hmmm.... I don't know. What happens when finally UCS-2 gets dropped in
favour of UCS-4 ? (UCS-2 is not enough to completely represent Han
characters). Besides, GTK/GNOME is going to use UTF-8, and has now plenty of
infrastructure for that. Ditto for gettext, libxml, etc.

It's not that hard to handle UTF-8 ; it's just a matter of replacing the
	c = *(p++) idiom with a function call. I don't think we're bound on
string processing enough so that brings us a noticeable speed penalty.

Grumpf.