Font support in debian testing

Hi. I'm having trouble with dia and fonts. I'm running debian
unstable, dia version 0.86 from the Ximian packages
(deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian unstable main).

When I try to enter text, I get an error "Warning no X Font
for Courier found, using fixed instead". However, a Courier font
shows up in my font list (when I view the Text/Properties dialog).
Also, when I'm typing, I only see about the last 2 characters of what
I've typed. If I use the scrollbar to view another part of the diagram,
then look at my text, all the text shows up properly, but once I edit
the text the problem returns.

I've already read the FAQ about fonts
(http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/faq.html#FontSupport), which
recommends installing a urw-aliases package, but there
is no urw-aliases package for debian. What should I try to fix the problem?

srl
--
Shane Landrum  (srl AT boston DOT com)  Software Engineer, boston.com