ReleaseDC problem in Dia 88 for Windows

Yesterday I installed Dia 88 for windows, and it worked fine (I already had
an old version of the Gimp installed).

On a second machine, I installed Dia 88, and got ReleaseDC failures for the
property sheets for UML diagrams (in particular attributes). Also the text
was not drawn on these property sheets. The second machine had a different
(more recent) Gimp installed.

Installing a more recent Gimp on the first machine made it behave like the
second machine (i.e. not work!).

The only solution I have found so far has been to revert to Dia 86. Has
anyone else had the same ReleaseDC problem, and/or any suggestions as to
what to do about it (I would prefer to use Dia 88 if possible).

Dia, in the meantime, and its port to Windows, are brilliant.

	Adrian Stacey
	ajs1001@cus.cam.ac.uk