Re: SGV-sgv, ...not svg? sure?

[ Sorry for posting without being subscribe, Daniel ]

   I answered in a more complete way on the subject in Bug 57156
closing it with NOTABUG.
   I think I'm in a prosition to provide a definite answer on the
subject. The namespace name for the SVG specification is

   http://www.w3.org/2000/svg

This is defined normatively in the appendix A of the specification:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/svgdtd.html

This namespace name is different from "http://www.w3.org/2000/SVG",
currently namespace names are compared for equality by exact string matching.

I also think it's needed to debunk the myth that URIs are case insensitive.
URI are case sensitive except for the subparts of the scheme name and
the host name. Saying that 2 URIs with different path sections are or
should be the same resource is plain wrong and in direct contradiction
of some of the basic Web principles.

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com