Re: plugins ... I say yeahy, any second on that ?

Le ven, déc 07, 2001, à 11:34:12 +0200, reyn a écrit:

> >Dia2Code is a standalone application not a integrated plugin.
> >It would be really cool if it was a plugin, but its not.
>
> Why couldnt dia support plugins ? Wouldnt that give it the edge
> to compete with visio ? Doesnt visio have diagram checking , for
> example checking that there isnt any 'miracle' , 'back holes' and other
> common diagram (flow?) errors ...

Please read the damn code before complaining. dia is almost only plug-ins
already. Arguably, cooking up a "command-line plug-in" which pipes the dia
file into a command line should be really a piece of cake to do (and
cross-platform without too much pain & Hans mopping up your code after it's
checked in).

Besides, who cares about competing with Visio ? I don't. And we sure have
two hell of advantages against it (hint: beer & speech).

So, if you want stuff, please feel free to send patches (or spon$or someone
to do them).

Grumpf.