Saves but wont open

Hi,

I'm using the Ximian Dia 0.88.1 on debian woody. I found I couldn't use
my custom shapes that I had created ages ago in SVG format.

Investigating further, it became obvious why - my current version of Dia
won't open SVG files. Period.

The SVG module is reported present, and I can export to SVG, but SVG is
not listed as a supported import format and reports that the requested
file 'is not a Dia file', so I can't open SVG files that I have just
saved.

This obviously wasn't always the case ... whats happened?

Cheers,

Darren Scott