Re: Solaris 2.6 finite() prototype

Le ven, aoû 10, 2001, à 10:14:31 -0700, Andrew Halper a écrit:

> Probably nobody cares about this except me, but the Linux math.h
> finite() function is prototyped in ieeefp.h on Solaris 2.6 SPARC, which
> results in a bunch of compiler warnings like:
[snip]

> ../lib/geometry.h:237: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `finite'

[snip]

> I'll try to make an unobtrusive patch to fix it.

Just add a configure.in test for the presence of ieeefp.h, and then include
ieeefp.h if HAVE_IEEEFP in the files which use finite(). You don't need to
apologise for using Solaris :-). It's a matter of
	AC_CHECK_HEADERS(ieeefp.h)
	(check that autoheader really includes a HAVE_IEEEFP variable then),
and then #ifdef HAVE_IEEEFP (_H ?), do the right thing (it can't hurt to
include both ieeefp.h and math.h on platform which have both but have
finite() in math.h, anyway)

Grumpf.