SQL parser ready to hook up to Dia

Many many segfaults and bus errors later, the SQL/92 parser I'm writing
for the SQL plug-in is ready to hook up to Dia.  I was wondering if
anyone could give me some tips on the recommended way to do this?  All
the import function needs to do is create UML classes for each SQL table
it parses.  Is calling umlclass_create() in objects/UML/class.c the
proper way to do this?  umlclass_create() is prototyped in the .c file,
so I think maybe it's not intended to be called directly?

Thanks,
Andy